“Enjoy the little things, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault


Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thoughts from Breakfast

I am the type of person who naturally stays busy. I actually have to stop and make myself slow down. Our weeks are filled with lunches, play dates and family time.

This week I decided to take the girls to breakfast, just me and them. I was reminded of two things that morning - First, that I can handle them at a restaurant by myself and second, everything my girls have to say is important. Although our conversations weren't very deep, I hope to consistently make this a priority. Because one day their lives will become a little more complicated and a lot more rich, and I want to be ready to listen to the little things in hopes that they will want me to listen to the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment