“Enjoy the little things, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault


Monday, July 1, 2013

Madelyn is Three!

My "little" girl is now three and what a great year we had with her. We were able to see a whole new side of Madelyn once Avery joined our family. From the start she had an innate need to care for her little sister. She gets such a joy at making Avery happy (and, yes, even making her mad sometimes).

Earlier in the year she started to potty training herself, which was the perfect expression of her personality. She is very independent and knows what she is going to do and when she is going to do it. Her favorite phrase seems to be "I do it by myself!" From getting dressed, to getting in her car seat, to brushing her teeth -- this girl wants to do everything on her own terms.

I always know what I am going to get with her - she is always content with life and very even-keel. She doesn't give up easily and always follows through once she puts her mind to something. Never getting mad or frustrated, she just keeps on until she has success.

This girl definitely marches to her own beat. She is my adventurous little tomboy and I love her more than she will ever know.

Happy third Birthday, my sweet girl!












No comments:

Post a Comment